European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker delivered yesterday his fourth annual State of the Union speech.
The European Commission president set out his vision for the future of the Continent ahead of the 2019 European election and during ongoing debate about the future of the European Union, which will soon be reduced to 27 members with the departure of the United Kingdom, and which faces a rising populist tide. In response to the expected positioning of the new Commission and parliament the EuropeActive EU Affairs team has set out some priority policy areas to support, promote and protect the European fitness market. These include on
- Health Enhancing Physical Activity (HEPA)
- Sector strategy for skills qualifications and employment
- Doping in grassroots sport
- The social role of fitness
- The future European Week of Sport and the National Fitness Days
- Economic dimension of sport
For a full copy of the Junker speech CLICK HERE.