The first FAIR Annual Forum took place in Brussels the 31st October 2017.
Representatives of the sport food industries, anti-doping authorities, the European Committee for Standardization, the European Commission, professors and fitness professionals, etc… took part in a very interactive and fruitful forum on nutritional supplements for sports people compatible with doping prevention.
List of interventions:
- FAIR Project Overview - Cliff Collins, EuropeActive Director of Programmes
- FAIR PhD Project - Ismael Serrablo Torrejon, Coventry University
- The View of the European Commission on doping prevention - Olivier Fontaine, DG EAC Sport Unit
- The European Landscape of Actors and Actions of Supplements for Sports People - Prof Susan Backhouse, Leeds Beckett University - Erik Duiven, Anti-Doping Netherlands
- Dietary supplements and sports food free of doping substances and CEN/TC Working Group for developing standard for nutritional supplements free of doping substances - Irene Margaritis, ANSES
Click here to download the presentations
Participants discussed about the following points:
- how do we define athletes, recreational sport, and do we have an official definition for food supplement for sportspeople?
- the role and the strength of European standards in this field
- the involvement of stakeholders in the standard development procedure
- the independent supplement testing system
- future collaboration among iNADOs, food industry associations and organizations, sport associations and businesses
Click here to download the complete notes and list of participants from the FORUM
Pictures from the FORUM;