The Indian fitness sector is a young market with an annual growth of 9% and has developed a vibrant and entrepreneurial culture that Europeans can benefit from. Both India and the EU have rich and diverse cultures, languages and demographics and face similar challenges in this mission to get more people active and into healthy lifestyles.
With the Fitness on the Move (FOM) project, EuropeActive (coordinator) aims at establishing a regular exchange scheme between EU and Indian fitness professionals and staff to exchange knowledge, skills and ideas for promoting healthy lifestyles. EuropeActive, supported by the 6 participating organisations (partners), are well placed to successfully implement the FOM project activities and to guarantee an effective dissemination and long-lasting impact of the exchange mobility scheme. In addition, both the Indian Sport Physical Education Fitness and Leisure Skills Council and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry have expressed high interest and support for the FOM project through their letters of commitment.
Summarising, the project is based on following objectives:
- Exchange of knowledge, ideas, and good practices to improve business opportunities and develop professional and educational skills to promote the adaption of healthy lifestyles.
- Create a framework for further cooperation between the European and Indian fitness stakeholders (e.g. increase mobility opportunities) through capacity development of individuals and partners.
- Promote EU values through fitness (ref art.2 TEU); promoting tolerance, inclusion, equality, transparency and good governance through an intensive mobility period.
And the main FOM activities include:
- Mobility period preparation --> Jun 2020
- European delegation to India --> Oct 2020
- Indian delegation to Europe --> Mar-Apr 2021
- The International Healthy Lifestyles Conference Apr 2021